Computer Skills Tutorials
Learn new computer skills or master the basics with thousands of free computer tutorials. What are you learning today?
- When Size Matters: iPhone 6S Versus iPhone 6S PlusHarry Guinness2 shares
- Top New Presentation Templates of 2016Sean Hodge6 shares
- 15 Best Google Slides Presentation Themes (Premium Templates to Download)
- How to Write Music With Apple Music MemosRob Mayzes29 shares
- Want to Learn Something New, in Just 60 Seconds?Andrew Blackman123 shares
- It's Back... Student Subscriptions for Just $45!Nicole Bowes68 shares
- How to Take Advantage of Advanced Features in Safari in OS X El CapitanRahul Saigal2 shares
- How to Change the Web Browser Default Search Engine in OS XJohnny Winter2 shares
- 10 Best Keynote Presentation Templates
- Content Blocking on OS X
- How to Choose the Right Tools to Automate the MacHarry Guinness5 shares
- From Bootcamp to Parallels Virtual Machine on a New MacRichard Guay2 shares
- Mac for Beginners15 PostsView Learning Guide...
For those who are new to computers, or those who have previously been using PCs and are new to Mac, the graphical user interface–or GUI–in OS X may be somewhat unfamiliar.
The problem with being unfamiliar with something is that you may be reluctant to experiment. And experimentation is a good way to learn.
This series of tutorials is aimed specifically at the beginner; at the person who is new to Macs or, perhaps, completely new to computers.
Each author explains–in easy to understand terms–how to get started with a range of applications that will familiarise yourself with some of the functionality of a Mac.
- Spreadsheets for Finance7 PostsView Learning Guide...
The spreadsheet was the original killer app that helped the PC gain a place on every desk, and it’s still one of the more powerful apps on your computer today. Whether you’re using Excel on your Mac or PC, Apple Numbers on your Mac or iPad, or Google Sheets or the Excel Web App in your browser, you can crunch numbers and discover more about your data with a few simple commands in a spreadsheet. Spreadsheets are deceptively complicated, and yet, once you figure them out, they’re simpler than any other number-crunching tool.
In this series of tutorials, you’ll learn everything you need to learn more about your finances and make smart money decisions using the spreadsheet of your choice.
- Going Paperless19 PostsView Learning Guide...
There's no reason to have cabinets full of paper cluttering your office, when all of that data could be saved on one hard drive and be infinitely more useful. Most of us have already started going paperless in some ways, since so much of our communications and documents are digital-first already, but you've still got to do something with all the paper documents you already have.
In this series, you'll learn everything you need to go paperless. There's tutorials on scanning documents, letting your computer recognize the text in your scanned documents via OCR, organizing the scanned documents with Evernote and more, and editing the resulting PDF documents in a wide range of popular apps.
Paper doesn't have to be a menace anymore. Here's the tools you need to make your paper documents as useful as your digital-first documents.