Formatting scripts, whether for plays, sketches or screenplays can be tedious. In this Quick Tip, we'll learn how to set up hotkeys for each character in your work using Apple's Pages. In the end, you'll be able to create and switch between multiple characters and different styles of text formatting for dialog and even insert scene change and effects notes.
How to Create a Pages Template for Writing Scripts
Tip: This tutorial was created using Pages '11. This tutorial is not applicable to later versions of Pages.
I work as a web designer and also as a performer. I love to spend far too much time figuring out how to save seconds using a computer and MacTuts now gives me an excuse to justify that. BAM!more…
- Computer SkillsHow to OCR Documents for Free in Google DriveDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:Short
- Computer SkillsAlfred DebuggingDifficulty:AdvancedCompletion Time:MediumNo matter how hard I try, I still have problems with scripts that I write. No matter the approach taken, mistakes in typing, logic, or both will cause programs to not behave the way expected. Debugging is the art of finding and removing these mistakes. In Alfred, debugging is even harder due to the scripts being executed in a sub-process. You need the skills this tutorial will teach.Read More…
- 3D & Motion GraphicsQuick Tip: Scripting a Custom Tool Window in MayaDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Quick
- Computer SkillsHow to Write a Screenplay in Plain Text with FountainDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:Long
- 3D & Motion GraphicsCreate Your Own South Park Style AnimationDifficulty:AdvancedCompletion Time:Long
- 3D & Motion GraphicsKandi Runner: Animate a Vector Game Sprite Walk CycleDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Quick