It's been four months since the release of OS X 10.9 Mavericks, the latest version of Apple's Mac operating system. It is the first time that a version of OS X has been made available, to Mac owners, free of charge and it has been estimated that one-third of Macs had been updated to Mavericks within weeks of it being launched in late October 2013. That figure is, no doubt, much higher now.
Following on from our Mastering Mountain Lion series, relating is OS X 10.8, the Mac Computer Skills authors have written a number of Mavericks tutorials to help familiarise you with some of the changes.
In this series, we tell you what you really need to know to make the most of this new operating system. We answer your biggest questions, show off the best features and even guide you through those little but important things that you’re likely to miss.
We've Got it Covered
From preparing your Mac for Mavericks and setting up back-up USB drives to getting up and running with Maps and sending route directions to your iOS device—and more—here are the tutorials you need for Mavericks:
- 50 Things You Probably Didn't Know About OS X Mavericks
- Preparing for OS X 10.9 Mavericks
- Quick Tip: Install OS X Mavericks on a USB Drive
- Two More Ways to Create an OS X 10.9 Mavericks USB Drive
- Getting the Most From Maps in OS X Mavericks
- Quick Tip: Send Directions From Your Mac to Your iPhone
- Quick Tip: A Tour of the Notification Center Changes in Mavericks
- The Complete Guide to iCloud Keychain
- Master Desktop Images in OS X Mavericks
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Computer Skills tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post